Virtual Desktop (DaaS)
Virtual Desktop or Desktop as a Service (DaaS) is a convenient solution for a safe remote work and remote access from any device, using any software or program to access data, located in a virtual desktop. You can access remote desktops from a variety of devices: PC, personal laptops, smartphones, tablets or thin clients (terminals). Wide functionality of DaaS makes it available for companies of all sizes regardless of their budget, geographical location or number of employees. Imagine the improved flexibility a cloud-hosted virtual desktop brings to your business - work anytime and anywhere direct and safe with all your applications and documents.
Virtual Desktop-as-a-Service technology brings ease of using desktop management by allowing data and applications to reside within data centers rather than on endpoint devices. Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS) improve scalability, using the agility of cloud computing to meet increased demand, spinning up virtual desktops in quick and efficient way rather than adding expensive on-premise hardware. Virtual Desktop improves disaster recovery as well, providing recovery support for desktops without requiring capital investments. With DaaS you will be able to get access to all the benefits cloud solution delivers – security and disaster recovery, access-anywhere at a sustainable budget.
Remote desktop connection via DaaS allows you to pick up exactly where you left on, with any device in a virtualized environment on top of working on your local device.
How it works?
All software, programs and data are available on demand in a secure DEAC cloud across the Europe – in DEAC data centers geographically dispersed to minimize latency, located in London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Moscow, Stockholm, Riga and Kiev. Data is protected against breaches, and can be easily accessed even if device is lost or broken. Companies can now work on the BYOD (Bring your own device) principle, which was a hard task before due to the security concerns. Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) is equipped with firewall and antivirus software and runs on CITRIX.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER SOLUTIONS:
FREE Data Migration
Cloud Services with Unlimited Resources and Cost-effective Solutions
Protect Your Business and Secure Your Data Now
What is VDI?
What equipment is
needed to use VDI?
A Citrix-based VDI solution provides enhanced protection and centralized remote desktops’ management. Extended infrastructure of virtual desktops Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp provides management of remote desktops and business application in a single solution. A secure encrypted channel provides remote workstation management in high-resolution mode. From now on fully mobile working environment is available from any device through any network. DEAC data centers’ experts will provide an individual solution according to your needs and provide secure implementation and continuous services’ operation.
VDI solution can be used from any device – personal computers, tablets, thin clients or zero client.
Thin & zero clients – small devices that are set up at work desktop instead of a bulky system unit. This solution significantly simplifies employees’ transfer, as there is no need to install an operating system and software on each personal computer. At the same time, no information is stored on the thin or zero client – all the data is stored on a server in a reliable data center. Improve data security and provide fast and easy access!
Remote access terminal server is another solution to gain safe access to your desktop via a virtual private network (VPN). To find out more about the terminal server advantages and prices, contact us - we're here to help!
The remote access can be set up according to your business needs. Choose remote desktops (DaaS), virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) or a terminal server! Our experts will prepare and implement a customized solution and complement technical configuration with required software, available in English and Russian languages.
User device support
- Desktops / laptops (Windows, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, MAC OSX, Linux)
- Tablets (iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Microsoft Windows 8.1 RT, and Microsoft Windows 8.1)
- Thin clients (Thin clients running Linux, ThinOS or Microsoft Windows Embedded supported)
- Smartphones (Receiver for Android, IOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 8)
Architecture and operational systems
- Intel (CPU)
- HP (Servers, Storage 3PAR), Dell (Servers)
- NVIDIA (3D accelerators for desigers – GRID K1/K2)
- Citrix (Cloud Platform – XenDesktop)
- Microsoft (Operating System, Office)
- Autodesk (Autocad LT, Autocad)
- Symantec (Antivirus)
- Other (Libre Office, Chrome, Firefox, Adobe Acrobat)
- Building Design Suite Premium BIM – Building Information Modeling
Graphic Processing Unit (GPU)
Graphic Processing Unit, that is included in virtual desktop service, provides faster and higher quality graphic data processing, than Central Processing Unit (CPU). Virtual desktop technical configuration, equipped with GRID K1 Core or K2 Core, allows using GPU for complex mathematical calculation, as GPU is based on powerful NVIDIA CUDA cards that are frequently used for mathematical calculations along with graphics processing.
- CUDA (Compute Unified Device Architecture) - a parallel computing platform and application programming interface that significantly increases the computing performance using the GPU. CUDA platform is widely used by software developers, scientists and researchers.
- CUDA platform provides a comprehensive development environment for C and C++ developers building GPU-accelerated applications. The CUDA includes a compiler for NVIDIA GPUs, math libraries, and tools for debugging and optimizing the performance of your applications.
- GRID K1 system is based on VGA compatible adapter: NVIDIA Corporation GK107GL [GRID K1] (rev a1)
- GRID K2 system is based on VGA compatible adapter: NVIDIA Corporation GK104GL [GRID K2] (rev a1)